Narwhal Colorimetric Analyzer
Uniquely specialized to be the most adept of its kind, this colorimetric analyzer is engineered at the intersection of precision and economy. Every detail has been designed to perfect performance and user experience.
Narwhal Silica Analyzer - 2 Streams
The Narwhal determines silica concentration via the molybdenum blue colorimetric method. The Narwhal automatically automaticallysamples the process stream and proceeds with chemistry addition: an acid/color reagent is added, followed by a buffer reagent, and finally a reducing reagent to promote color formation. The solution is mixed by exchanging the fluids between a syringe pump and measurement cell. Color formation (blue) becomes stronger with increasing concentrations of silica. Upon completion of the reaction, an absorption measurement at 810 nm is made that is proportional to silica concentration.
- 7” intuitive touch screen display with easy-to-use software allows users to calibrate and view data.
- Automatic 2-point calibration maintained with self-referencing feature. The interval between calibrations can be manually configured.
- Self-cleaning design and long life LED minimize required maintenance.
- Unique fluid handling system utilizing a single valve and pump for ease of maintenance and high-precision measurements.
- Low reagent and sample usage (ex: optional 2.5 L reagents for 3 months silica).
- Multitude of diagnostic features that alert users of process upsets.
- Standard data outputs include MODBUS, 4-20mA, USB to CST Software, and removable SD card.
- Boiler feedwater monitoring for prevention of scaling on turbine blades.
- Demineralization stage monitoring for better utilization of ion exchange resin capacity and optimization of regeneration cycles.
- Monitoring ion exchangers in condensate polishing plant.
- Ultrapure water monitoring for semiconductor manufacturing.
- Measurement Range: 0 to 5000 ppb Si
- Accuracy: ±5% of the reading
- Repeatability: ±2% of the reading
- Calibration: Automatic 2-point calibration maintained by programmable self-referencing feature
- Reagent Consumption: Reagent replacement every 90 days
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 5°C - 45°C
- Process Temperature: 1˚C - 40°C
- Ambient Operating Humidity: Up to 90% RH non-condensing
- Minimum Flow Rate: 100-500 ml/min
- Inlet/Outlet Pressure: 5 psi maximum
- Measurement/Diagnostic Output: On-board display, isolated 4-20 mA, RS-485 (Modbus RTU)
- Storage: Removable SD card
- Power Requirements: 24VDC nominal (12-48VDC)
- Enclosure Material: Powder coated carbon steel
- Overall Dimensions: 8" L x 9" W x 39" H